USA Triathlon has determined the events in each of its 10 Regions that will serve as the 2015 Regional Championships, providing athletes the opportunity to qualify for the 2015 USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships.
Competitors who finish in the top 33 percent or top five (whichever is greater) in their respective age groups at Regional Championships automatically qualify for the 2015 USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships, set for Aug. 8 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Special Qualifiers will also qualify athletes finishing in the top 33 percent or top five.
Registration for a number of Regional Championships and Special Qualifying races is open now. Find out more about the Regional Championships and Special Qualifiers at usatriathlon.org.
The 2014 USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships featured a field of nearly 3,100 athletes from all 50 states. The race has been held annually since 1983 and is part of USA Triathlon’s Age Group National Championships weekend. Visit usatriathlon.org/agnc15oly for complete details on 2015 Olympic-Distance Nationals and to learn more about other qualification standards for the event.
2015 USA Triathlon Regional Championships
- Florida: St. Anthony’s Triathlon (April 26, St. Petersburg, FL)
- Mid-Atlantic: Jamestown Triathlon (June 7, Williamsburg, VA)
- Mideast: Muncie June Sprint & Olympic (June 6, Muncie, IN)
- Midwest: Bluff Creek Olympic Triathlon (July 18, Boone, IA)
- Northeast: Challenge Quassy (June 6, Middlebury, CT)
- Pacific Northwest: Portland Triathlon (Sept. 20, Portland, OR) – Qualifier for 2016 Nationals
- Rocky Mountain: Boulder Peak Triathlon (July 12, Boulder, CO)
- South Midwest: Tri Waco (July 26, Waco, TX)
- Southeast: Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon (June 28, Chattanooga, TN)
- Southwest: Auburn International Triathlon (May 17, Auburn, CA)
2015 USA Triathlon Special Qualifiers
- Mideast: Ohio State University’s Ross Heart Hospital Triathlon (July 26, Columbus, OH)
- Rocky Mountain: Dino Triathlon (June 27, Vernal, UT)